Thursday 7 May 2015

100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 48

Found a book from the back of my bookshelf today.  I didn't know I have such a good book about smoothie at home collecting dust.  It is called Smoothies ! by Stella Murphy.  A book with lovely colourful pictures, good recipes and simple directions.  How could I not use this book years ago !!!  I guess it's the cold drinks make me lose my body heat issue that prevent me from using this excellent book.

Smoothies ! by Stella Murphy copyright @ New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd, recipe book, Smoothies,  Stella Murphy,  New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd, 100 Happy Days Challenge
Smoothies ! by Stella Murphy copyright @ New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd

But now by chewing my smoothie, I won't lose my body heat that easy anymore.

This book is a very good for smoothie beginner.  It explains everything a smoothie beginner should know.  The section I like the most is page 28 and 29 - what we should know before we start making and drinking smoothies.

For example:

  • Smoothie beginners should only drink 1 to 2 servings per day.
  • Drink beets juice on its own may cause stomach upsets and nausea.
  • Use beets only in small quantities.
  • Consult our doctors before drinking lots of grapefruit juice if we are taking prescription drugs.
  • Do not use rhubarb leaves because they are poisonous.
  • Do not use raw rhubarb because of its high level of oxalic acid.


I like the way the author take her time to mention important notes for her readers - us.  There are more important points in the book.  The above examples are useful for my family, so, I listed them for future references.

About leaves of rhubarb, a long time ago, one of my friends told me that she uses the leaves to make pesticide for her garden.  I almost forgot about this natural pesticide.

Okay, back to the book, out of 5 hearts , my rating is









 


Smoothies ! by Stella Murphy copyright @ New Holland Publishers (UK) Ltd
Rate this book:  ❤❤❤❤  (4 hearts out of 5)

After I try the recipes, if I like them, I think I will rate this book 5 hearts out of 5.


My other Happy Moments → 100 Happy Days Challenge 

Why do I want to do 100 Happy Days Challenge?  This is the reason → The International Day of Happiness - 100 Happy Days Challenge 


Next blog post:
Cottonelle bathroom tissue – price memo 2015


Previous blog post:

No comments :

Post a Comment