Wednesday 20 May 2015

100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 61

Found this photo from my old memory stick today.  Perfect timing for the first episode of MasterChef USA (CTV / Fox) !  My mum thought we have to wait for September to watch the original MasterChef with Gordon Ramsay.  No, mum, it's today.  Yeah!

Recipes from My Home Kitchen - Asian and American Comfort Food by Christine Ha, Recipes from My Home Kitchen - Asian and American Comfort Food, Christine Ha, MasterChef, MasterChef USA, MasterChef USA winner, MasterChef winner, The Blind Cook, 100 Happy Days Challenge
Recipes from My Home Kitchen - Asian and American Comfort Food by Christine Ha

Gordon Ramsay is another British chef I admire deeply.  My mum likes one of the winners Christine Ha.  If you win the MasterChef  trophy, you will be able to publish your own cookbook.  My mum bought one of the winners' cookbook.  Of course, it's Christine Ha's cookbook.  The reason my mum likes her so much because Christine is visually impaired and she still can cook better than most of us. 

There are some recipes I'd like to try in her cookbook.  But my mum put the cookbook away like it's her own treasure after I took a picture of it years ago.  So, I searched online and got Christine's blog - The Blind Cook.  I may not have chance to get near my mum's treasure cookbook but I can try the recipes in Christine's blog. 
http://www.theblindcook.com/category/cook-it/ 

Christine is a Vietnamese American; according to my Asian friends, her Asian recipes are quite authentic.

She also co-hosts a cooking show for low or no-vision cooks.  This is the Episode Guide and PDF recipes of the show Four Senses. 
http://www.ami.ca/AMI-tv/Pages/Four-Senses-Episode-Guide.aspx
Watch videos of Four Senses 
http://www.ami.ca/AMI-tv/Pages/Four-Senses.aspx


My other Happy Moments → 100 Happy Days Challenge 

Why do I want to do 100 Happy Days Challenge?  This is the reason → The International Day of Happiness - 100 Happy Days Challenge


Next blog post:
100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 62


Previous blog post: 
Weekly special from 20 May 2015 Wednesday


No comments :

Post a Comment