Tuesday 2 June 2015

The best time to drink water

We drink water when we feel thirsty or when we want to keep our bodies hydrated.  Many experts say that we should drink water even we don't feel thirsty or dehydrated.  So when is the best time to drink water?

a glass of water, glass, water, photo, picture, free photo, free picture, free for commercial use, free for commercial use photo, free for commercial use picture, Pixabay
A glass of water - photo copyright @ Pixabay

One of my Chinese friends told me how she drinks her water and I tried it today.

The best time to drink water

1st glass (warm water)
6:30 am or 30 minutes before breakfast 
Benefit: to wake up and hydrate our bodies 
* Warm water not only can help warm up our bodies, it also helps us have healthy bowel movements. 

2nd glass
9:00 am 
Benefit: to refresh and hydrate our bodies

3rd glass
11:30 am or 30 minutes before lunch 
Benefit: to moisturize our stomach linings and make us feel fuller (so we don't overeat) 

4th glass
1:30 pm 
Benefit: to refresh and hydrate our bodies

5th glass 
3:30 pm 
Benefit: to refresh and hydrate our bodies; to help us feel full faster and eat less snacks. 

6th glass
5:30 pm or 30 minutes before supper 
Benefit: to moisturize our stomach linings and make us feel fuller (so we don't overeat) 

7th glass
7:30 pm 
Benefit: to refresh and hydrate our bodies

8th glass
9:30 pm or after having shower / bath or an hour before sleep 
Benefit: to refresh, hydrate our bodies and flush toxins before we go to sleep

This is how I drank my water today.

My Chinese friend and I are not medical doctors.  This blog post is only for informational purposes.  All information provided in this blog post is not intended to replace or substitute any professional advice from your physicians.  If in doubt, please contact your doctors or other health care professionals.

Today's theme of Healthy Me Week 7-Day Challenge is "Try-it: inject something new into your day".  So, this is what I did, my friends.  Try to drink water in a new way that my friend told me.  The hardest part was: remember to drink a glass of water 30 minutes before each meal.  Other than that it was an easy to follow schedule to drink water.

Will I drink water following this schedule from now on?  Well ...
But I will certainly keep on drinking warm water in the morning.


The Healthy Me Week 7-Day Challenge I accomplished

No comments :

Post a Comment