Thursday 5 March 2015

Homemade Oat flour - easy and affordable


Quaker Large Flake Oats, large flake oats, rolled oats, Quaker
Quaker Large Flake Oats 
Don't you find it pricey to buy oat flour?  We can just use our rolled oats at home to make some oat flour for baking.  I'm not kidding, my friends.  It's easy and good for our wallets.  I use Quaker Large Flake Oats from local supermarkets.






Ingredients:
Large Flake Oats or rolled oats
(If you'd prefer to have certified gluten-free oat flour, please buy certified gluten-free oats.)

Tool:
Food Processor or blender 

Directions: 
  1. Toss some rolled oats into your food processor and ground until you have flour-like powder. 
  2. Store oat flour in air tight container.
Very easy, right?

Homemade Oat Flour, DIY Oat Flour, Oat Flour, gluten-free Oat Flour, Another Random Thought of a Procrastinator, Random Thought, Another Random Thought, Random Thoughts, Another Random Thoughts, Procrastinator
Homemade Oat Flour

I use Magic Bullet.  So, I ground 1 tbsp of Quaker Large Flake Oats each time for 20 seconds.  There will be bigger pieces in the flour.  But I don't mind.

Magic Bullet, Food Processor, blender
My Magic Bullet

If I make oat flour for my mum or I know I'll use the oat flour to bake for my mum, I'll ground up to 60 seconds per tablespoon.

1 heaped tablespoonful of rolled oats =  approximately 1 flat, level tablespoon of oat flour
1 1/4 cup of rolled oats =  approximately 1 cup of oat flour

It may take awhile to make a cup of oat flour.  But,  we don't have to pay a lot of money to buy oat flour now, my friends.

Updated on 2 April 2015

When I'm lazy, instead of grounding 1 tablespoon each time, I'll ground 1/4 cup of Quaker Large Flake Oats for 20 seconds with my Magic Bullet.  It works fine for me.


Next blog post:
Google Doodle honors Gerardus Mercator - the inventor of flat map 


Previous blog post:
New Google Doodle of March 5 2015

No comments :

Post a Comment