Thursday 19 March 2015

Irish Rose and Alcoholess Irish Rose with Sparkling Rosewater

Last night one of my friends gave me her version of alcoholess Irish Rose.  Instead of 7up or sprite, she makes the drink with sparkling water and rosewater.  I think I will try it next time.

I don't drink, so, I don't know what a real Irish Rose tastes like.  My friend told me

Irish Rose = whiskey + lemon juice + red juice / syrup + 7up or sprite + ice
sugar syrup (optional)

This is how she makes her Alcoholess Irish Rose with Sparkling Rosewater.

Alcoholess Irish Rose with Sparkling Rosewater (1 serving)

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon lemon syrup
(1 fresh lemon juice : 2 sugar)
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
1/3 cup sparkling water
1 tablespoon rosewater

Directions:

1. Pour the ingredients over ice and stir.
2. Garnish the drink with lemon or lime twist.

Rose has a lovely floral aroma.  I tried soaking dry rose petals for tea and facial toner once.  But I have never bought the clear liquid rosewater before.  It is available at Indian and Middle Eastern stores.  Next time when I go to one, I should buy a bottle and learn how to cook with it.  Can I use rosewater for facial toner right out of the bottle?

My version of Non-Alcoholic Irish Rose is in this blog post Non-Alcoholic Cocktails for St. Patrick's Day 


Next blog post: 


Previous blog post: 
Weekly special from Wednesday March 18 2015

No comments :

Post a Comment