Tuesday 17 March 2015

It's too good to be true, my friend.

One of my Japanese friends borrowed my laptop yesterday.  She wanted a newer and faster laptop to download a 3-hour free online seminar about an online course.  "If you take this 3-month online course, you would be able to earn $3,000 per month doing export and import business."  She was so excited.  But, for me, this online course sounds like a scam, my friend.

That online seminar took forever to download.  Then, she connected my laptop to my TV and we watched the seminar together.  While watching this Japanese online seminar, my friend told me the contents of the seminar.

container ship, Pixabay, free photo, free photo for commercial use, free for commercial use
A container ship - a photo from Pixabay

"Well, the know-how this seminar showed us seems workable," I said.
"You think so too, right?" My friend smiled.
"It's a $5,000 online course, though.  Are you sure you want to take it?" I asked.
"I'll get $6,000 after I worked 2 months.  I can afford a $5,000 online course," my friend replied.

She was so eager to take this course that she took out her credit card and tried to register online.  One minute later, she put her credit card back in her purse and sighed.

Well, this Japanese online course is a scam or not is open to everyone's interpretation.  But my friend was very disappointed.  The website of this online course only accept domestic wire transfer within Japan and Japanese credit card.  My friend is a second-generation Japanese.  She doesn't have either a Japanese bank account or a Japanese credit card.

The concept of this online course is making friends all over the world while doing export and import business in Japan.  If it is so, why not let overseas Japanese take this online course and be friends?

So, how many Japanese will pay $5,000 to take this export and import business course?  How many friends they will make?

Maybe my friend can use the know-how she learned from the free online seminar to start her export and import business.  Hope she would be able to earn close to $3,000 per month. 


Next blog post:
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Non-Alcoholic Drinks 


Previous blog post:
Date and apple granola slices - A recipe from Air Miles Inspired Living Fall 2008

No comments :

Post a Comment