Saturday 12 October 2013

Walmart shopping list Oct 11 - 17, 2013

Only from this fall, I start doing my grocery shopping at Walmart.  So, I’m not very sure of the quality of its vegetables and fruit. 

Weekly must buy:

Brita 4-pack filters $19.77
Brita 4-pack filters $19.77
$4.94 each.  This is cheaper than regular price at Target.  Sorry, it’s rollback time.  Of course, it has to be cheaper. D'oh!

Mazola corn oil or canola oil 2.84 L $5.97 
Mazola corn oil or canola oil 2.84 L $5.97
It is going to be heavy to have 2.84 L of oil inside my backpack.

Ontario broccoli $0.97 / Ontario whole white mushrooms 8 oz $0.97
Ontario broccoli $0.97 / Ontario whole white mushrooms 8 oz $0.97
I may not buy the broccoli but I will buy the mushrooms.

Ontario sweet potatoes $0.77 per lb
Ontario sweet potatoes $0.77 per lb
Have you ever tried baked sweet potato?  It’s hundred times better than mash sweet potato.

Weekly good price:

Apple Valley 8” pies apple or pumpkin 450 g – 550 g $2.00
Apple Valley 8” pies apple or pumpkin 450 g – 550 g $2.00
Only 2 dollars!  I have never tried Walmart’s apple pie.  Should I buy this?

Asparagus $2.97 per lb / Ontario Rainbow peppers 3-pack $2.97
Asparagus $2.97 per lb / Ontario Rainbow peppers 3-pack $2.97
Walmart’s asparagus is No.1 grade from Peru or Mexico.  Food Basics’ asparagus is No.1 grade from Peru; but, it’s $2.47 per lb.  So I should go to Food Basics this week for asparagus, perhaps?
We already bought rainbow peppers for Thanksgiving at Loblaws on Wednesday…

Eggo waffles 16-pack $3.97
Eggo waffles 16-pack $3.97
We only have a small freezer, we may not be able to buy more than 2 boxes.

Large pomegranates $1.47 each
Large pomegranates $1.47 each
There are many ways to use a pomegranate.  I’d love to try to make pomegranate vinegar.

Bartlett or Anjou pears $0.97 per lb / Ontario Bosc pears $0.97 per lb
Bartlett or Anjou pears $0.97 per lb / Ontario Bosc pears $0.97 per lb
Support local famers.  Say yes to Ontario Bosc pears.

Ontario carrots 3 lb $0.77 / Ontario yellow onions 3 lb $0.77 / Ontario celery $0.77 each
Ontario carrots 3 lb $0.77 / Ontario yellow onions 3 lb $0.77 / Ontario celery $0.77 each
I bought all these for Thanksgiving already.  So, as I said it before, I should wait for the last minute to take advantage of good deals.

To my surprise, Walmart has a lot of Ontario fresh produce.  I may have to check all flyers for Ontario produce and price before I do my shopping.  For other on special items, please go to Walmart’s website.



Disclaimer:
All the pictures in this blog post were taken from flyers of various stores.  They are used as visual reminder for my weekly shopping only.  All photos taken from flyers remain copyright to their companies. 



Next blog post:   

Previous blog post:
Chapters.Indigo.ca “Wish It Win It Wednesdays” contest

No comments :

Post a Comment