Monday 27 April 2015

100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 38

My first smoothie in a mason jar, My first smoothie, My smoothie, smoothies, smoothie, smoothie in a mason jar, smoothie in a jar, mason jar, My first smoothie in a glass jar, smoothie in a glass jar, glass jar, banana, apple, unsweetened almond milk, 100 Happy Days Challenge, Another Random Thought of a Procrastinator, Random Thought, Another Random Thought, Random Thoughts, Another Random Thoughts, Procrastinator

Made and drank my first smoothie today.  My friends were very surprised, or shocked when I told them I've never had a smoothie before.  Well, some of them encouraged me to make one.  I have apples, bananas and unsweetened almond milk at home so I made one.

It was very sweet and it tasted good.


Ingredients for app. 300 ml: 

1/3 banana (app. 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup apple
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

We can just drink the almond milk and eat the fruit.  Then, we have less things to clean.  To make smoothie, I have to take out my Magic Bullet and I have to clean it after.  But, when these 3 simple ingredients were blended together, the taste was incredible!!

There's another reason why I've never had a smoothie before.  The cold smoothie will make me lose my body heat.

One of my friends taught me some tricks not to lose my body heat.

1. Drink the smoothie in the afternoon when my body is warmer.
2. Warm up the smoothie inside my mouth by chewing the smoothie well before swallow.

Excuse me, chew my smoothie?

This is what my friend said.  By chewing the smoothies not only we can match the temperature of the smoothies to the temperature of our bodies, also our mouths release more enzymes to help carbohydrate digestion.  Then, we don't overwork our digestion system and we get more nutrients than just gulping.

This is why I will always put my smoothie inside a mason jar.  So, I can take my smoothie with me and chew it in the afternoon.

My first smoothie in a mason jar, My first smoothie, My smoothie, smoothies, smoothie, smoothie in a mason jar, smoothie in a jar, mason jar, My first smoothie in a glass jar, smoothie in a glass jar, glass jar, banana, apple, unsweetened almond milk, 100 Happy Days Challenge, Another Random Thought of a Procrastinator, Random Thought, Another Random Thought, Random Thoughts, Another Random Thoughts, Procrastinator
My first smoothie in a mason jar

P.S. My friend chews her juice too because chewing burns some calories.  Would you do the same?


My other Happy Moments → 100 Happy Days Challenge 

Why do I want to do 100 Happy Days Challenge?  This is the reason → The International Day of Happiness - 100 Happy Days Challenge 

Next blog post:
100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 39 


Previous blog post:

No comments :

Post a Comment