Sunday 5 April 2015

Egg Tapping - a traditional Easter game for everyone

A friend called me.

"You didn't write anything about Easter in your blog."
"I did."
"Where is it?"
"???"

I guess I deleted my blog post by accident.  My Catholic and Christian friends, Happy Easter!  For my other friends, Happy long weekend!

While searching for Easter recipes last week, I found a traditional Easter game.  Well, everyone knows Easter Egg Hunt and Egg Race.  How about Egg Tapping? 

How to play Egg Tapping?

Preparation: 
  1. Boil eggs for 7 - 8 minutes.
  2. Pour warn water in separate bowls, add some white vinegar and drops of food colouring in the water.
  3. Dip the hard-boiled eggs in (2) for 3 - 5 minutes and air dry the eggs.
  4. Put the eggs into a basket.

Game Time: 
  1. Choose an egg from the basket after dessert.
  2. Cup your egg in your hand.
  3. Tap the tip of another participant's egg gently with your own egg. 

The person with an unbroken egg at the end of the game is the winner!

Easter, Easter egg, egg tapping, Easter egg tapping, free clip art, clip art, free for commercial use, free for commercial use clip art, Unlimited Commercial Use, Unlimited Commercial Use cip art, open clip art
We got a winner !! - Image source:  Open Clip Art

Please don't cheat.  Only hard-boiled eggs are allowed, my friends.

With all the hard-boiled eggs with broken egg shells, tomorrow, we can have creative egg salad sandwiches with leftovers from the Easter Dinner. 

Would you like to play Egg Tapping? 


Next blog post:
100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 16 


Previous blog post:
100 Happy Days Challenge - Day 15

No comments :

Post a Comment