Saturday 31 January 2015

Easy way to make tables by using copy and paste in Blogger

I don't write my HTML source from scratch every time I make a table.  When I want to use a table in Blogger, I just go to Posts > Draft in My blogs to search from all the tables I created and use the one I like.

What I need to change will be the background colour, border colour, border design and the contents inside the table.  I don't have to worry about I won't remember which tag or attribute to use. 

If you already have your table source saved as a draft in Blogger, just open the draft in the Compose side of Blogger's blog generator.  Then, copy the table (not the source of  the table) and paste it in the Compose side of a new post.  Tadaa!  You have a table in your new blog entry.

Don't know how to use HTML?  No worries.  I'm not very good at it either.  Many kind and smart people created tutorial to show us how to make tables with the HTML source online.  Just copy the source and paste it in the HTML side of Blogger's blog generator, save it as a draft for later use.

Next time when you need a table for your blog, you can copy the actual table from the Compose side of your draft and paste it on the Compose side of your new post.

This is easier than using Word to make a table, save it as a web page, copy its HTML source and paste the source in your web page / blog generator.  I made a very simple table once in Word.  Something like this. ↓

ABC ABC
ABC ABC

Do you know how many lines of source I have after I save this table into a web page?  Around 550 lines!

This is the source I used to create the same table in Blogger.
<br>
<center>
<table bgcolor="yellow" border="1" bordercolor="black" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><font color="blue">ABC</font>
</td>
<td><font color="blue">ABC</font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><font color="blue">ABC</font>
</td>
<td><font color="blue">ABC</font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</center>
<br>




This is how Blogger's blog generator changed it.
<br />
<center>
<table bgcolor="yellow" border="1" bordercolor="black" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><span style="color: blue;">ABC</span>
</td>
<td><span style="color: blue;">ABC</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><span style="color: blue;">ABC</span>
</td>
<td><span style="color: blue;">ABC</span>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
</center>

<br />




Don't know about you, but, I don't want to search from 550 lines to try to make small change for any table in my blog.  I don't think I want to create any table in Word for my blog.

Thank you for all the lovely people teaching us know how of HTML!  Thank you for your tutorial!  Thank you for your kind support always.


P.S.  What if we don't need to copy and paste the source?  If we just need to create documents in Word, save them as web pages and upload them into a server to make a website, then, I think this is an easy way to create a website than using any web builder or generator.  By using Word, what you see is what you get for your website.  Even though we can't do fancy things in Word to create a website, we shouldn't rule out the usefulness of Microsoft Word, right? 


Next blog post:
Black Bean and Pepper Salsa - A recipe from Chatelaine June 1998 


Previous blog post: 
Chinese usually buy this for Chinese New Year?


No comments :

Post a Comment