Monday 14 October 2013

Eggo waffles– price memo


My sister loves to have Eggo for lunch.  So, this week is a good week to buy on special Eggo.

At Walmart, 16-pk is on sale as $3.97. 
Then, 1 Eggo waffle = $0.25.
Walmart 16-pk Eggo $3.97

At Loblaws, 16-pk is on sale as $3.99.  Well, 1 Eggo waffle is also around $0.25.   
Loblaws 16-pk Eggo $3.99 + 350 pts
Since I’m a PC Plus member, I get 350 points or $0.35 for my purchase.  Then, the same box of Eggo is now $3.64 and 1 Eggo waffle = $0.23.  In the future, I may receive my individual points for the same purchase.  Loyal customer?  No, I’m not.  Loyal point collector?  Yes, I’m.

At Independent, 8-pk is on sale as $2.50. 
So, 1 Eggo waffle = $0.31.
Independent 8-pk Eggo $2.50
Sorry, Independent, I won’t buy Eggo at your place this week.  It’s way too expensive.

Price Memo Summary:
Eggo waffle 16-pk 560g
Buy Eggo waffle when 1 waffle is less than $0.25.

Now, think about the price, isn’t Eggo expensive?  We make waffle sandwich.  So, only the waffles themselves will be around 50 cents.  Maybe we should eat more bread and less Eggo.



Disclaimer:
Most the pictures in this blog post were taken from flyers of various stores.  They are used as visual reminder for my weekly shopping only.  Photos taken from flyers remain copyright to their companies. 



Next blog post:
Loblaws’ PC Plus loyalty program 

Previous blog post: 
Michaels Canada printable online coupons Oct 11 – 17, 2013
 

No comments :

Post a Comment