Monday 21 October 2013

Walmart shopping this Monday

Did everyone have a great weekend?  Mine was busy.  With my school and work schedule, I can only do my grocery shopping during the week.  As you know, all the good deals would be gone.  Quality of meat and vegetables will not be good. 

Just like today I went to Walmart and found out how awful looking the broccoli and the on special cauliflower was.   
Cauliflower $1.97 each

So, I bought some $0.97 per lb zucchini.   
Green zucchini $0.97 per lb

Today was also the first day for me to buy fresh meat and fish at Walmart.  When I was at the meat section, it was not easy for a first timer to see where the $5.00 Maple Leaf Prime Chicken legs were.
Fresh Maple Leaf Prime Chicken Legs Back Removed $5.00 each

I tried to look for the on special salmon fillet.
AFresh Atlantic Salmon Fillet $8.97 per lb

But I bought 1 pack that was not on special by mistake.
Walmart salmon fillet

Well, shopping in a rush at a store I’m not familiar with was the reason why I failed to be a smart bargain shopper.

Worse still, I armed with my $2.00 off coupon for $ Brita®Filters and forgot to use it!!!  The price of Brita 4-pack filters is still $19.77 each.  But with the coupon, it would have been $17.77.  Then, 1 filter = $4.44, instead of $4.94.
Brita 4-pack filters

So, everyone, this is my blog link to this coupon again.  Please use it before it expires on Oct 31, 2013.


P.S.  My sister went grocery shopping at Farm Boy this evening.  She said quality of the cauliflower there was not good either.
Jumbo cauliflower $1.99 each


Disclaimer:
All the pictures in this blog post are used as visual reminder for my weekly shopping only.  All photos taken from Walmart and Farm Boy's flyers remain copyright to these companies.



Next blog post: 

Previous blog post:


No comments :

Post a Comment